Bayou St. Blonde: Jan 29 & 30 New Orleans
Over the past year I've been striving to cultivate an incredible roster of talented artists who are not only dedicated to their craft but continually push our industry forward and challenge the status quo. It is truly an honor to support these artists and to see the impact and excitement they create with our salon partners. I've been really wanting to get the band together and create an inspiring, educational, memorable and super fun event. What better city to do it in, than our home here in New Orleans. Introducing...Bayou St. Blonde.
What is Bayou St. Blonde?
Bayou St. Blonde is our first family event where all of the LEFT BRAIN artists will be coming to New Orleans for a 2-Day event. You will get to know the artists through a series of demonstrations, un-plugged discussions, presentations, Q&A sessions and some good ole' fun. NOLA will serve as your backdrop as we travel to a few of our favorite local destinations.
Who is going to be there?
• Victoria Hunter & Larry Raspanti, Whittemore House Salon- Revolutionaries in hair painting, Hunter and Raspanti are the colorists behind Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs’ biannual shows (in association with lead stylist Guido Palau, respectively). Their patented Whittemore House Hair Paint™ was featured in the December 2016 issue of Vogue, a natural lightening powder with technology never before used in hair care, therefore, to protect, strengthen and condition hair during the coloring process, 72 hours post-treatment
• Garrett Markenson, REVERIE- Haircare reimagined, Markenson is dedicated to creating luxury botanical products that perform as beautifully as they look. The hero SKU MILK, was awarded “Most Versatile Product” by Refinery in 2015 and continues to grace the pages of Refinery 29, Nylon, Cosmopolitan, among others. Most recently, Markenson styled the hair for notable artists, such as Chelsea Wolfe.
• Dre Donoghue, DRE Education (virtual tutorial)- Donoghue provides an honest and customized approach to education for individual stylists and salons with evolving curriculum inspired by current fashion, celebrity and street culture.
• Whitney Haynes, FORM Hair Education- FORM is about design and structure. A sound foundation is key to the development of hair education. Once the foundation is established, Haynes and their community of artists are free to utilize this pattern to create their works of art.
• Alejandro Jimenez, PROHAIRKIT- The ultimate shop for masters of their craft. Jimenez’s kits are specially designed and curated with stylists’ individual passions and strengths in mind. Jimenez hand-selected tools from Janeke, YS Park, Delorme, and Yasaka, with the goal to make luxury professional tools available to professional hairdressers everywhere.
• Caeleb Bosscher & Cyd Charisse, Destroy the Hairdresser- Designated as the self-proclaimed ‘Growth Junkies,’ Bosscher and Charisse’s mission is to provide consistent educational content and one-on-one mentorship for beauty professionals--- to create a smarter, more business driven artist.
• Carla Gentile from Steam Creams & Oils- As a highly respected hair specialist in scalp and hair treatments, Gentile has created Steam Creams and Oils®, an all-natural, mostly organic hair and scalp product line based on classic aromatherapy, using only the best in pure essential oils to improve and restore a healthy balance to the hair, scalp, body, mind and soul.
• Dante Pronio, Dante Education- With a strong attention to detail, Pronio will teach you to create unique cuts for your clients that are timeless and suitable for the individual and not just of the moment.
• Carlos Detres, Carlos Detres Photography- Behind the lens, Detres will share his strategic vision for Lifestyle and Branding Photography, building a narrative to help share your story.
We will also have a few guest artists who we love including Emily Costello and Beau Bollinger from Hairstory. Learn more about our artists here.
What will I learn?
- Demos include: Hair Painting, Creative Color, Scissor Cutting, Razor Cutting and Styling.
- Learn about the artists and their brand and ingredient stories
- How to become a #hairboss and #hairbabe
- Leave with a better understanding of all of the amazing goods, services and support available to your business through the LEFT BRAIN group artists.
What are some places of interest we will be visiting?
What's the schedule?
Sunday, January, 29 10am-6pm
Monday, January, 30 10am-6pm
** If you are coming from out of town, I would suggest booking an 8pm flight or later. You definitely do not want to miss our last segment!
- Whittemore House
- DRE EDUCATION
- Edu X
- Steam Creams & Oils
- Dante Education
- FORM Hair Education
- Destroy the Hairdresser
Where should we stay?
We are working on securing some group rates at a few local hotels. Carlos Detres will be your New Orleans Concierge and can make recommendations for you on restaurants, bars, tours and all things NOLA.
The ACE Hotel: Discount Code CBIZ
Aloft: $189 Prepaid 1/28-1/31